Yay, I did it! Every single challenge is complete.
Day Seven’s task was to plant something for wildlife. This weekend I have been continuing the brick edging around my lawn. This bed is small and was full of weeds, but I’ve dug it over and it’s all tidied up. It’s only a very small space but my plan is to fill it with plants that are both fragrant and attractive to pollinators. Mr The Digger sits nearby in the evenings by his chimenea so I thought it would be nice to plant something that smells nice so he can drown it out with the stink of whatever the feck he is burning.
Anyway, I’ve got a couple of Evening Primroses (Oenothera biennis) and there was already some Cerinthe in there. Later on I will add some Night-scented Stock (Matthiola longipetala) which is well easy to grow from seed. Today I sowed some Phacelia, which I was going to use as green manure up at the allotment but with the amount of weeds up there I think it would be better to cover the soil with weed suppressant fabric over the winter. So I did some inside in my propagator (which I still spell wrong EVERY TIME, you think I would know it by now) and sprinkled some direct into the new smelly/buzzy bed.
Always check you have clicked ‘publish’. Sigh.